A popular roofing option in South Florida
Tile roofs are arguably the most popular choice in South Florida for their gorgeous aesthetic as well as their durability. A well installed tile roofing system is all about the underlayment and flashing accessories. The true waterproofing layer is below your tile and your tile is the component protecting your underlayment keeping your home water tight. It is essential for tiles to be adequately aligned to not only give a uniform appearance, but to assure it is doing it’s job - protecting your underlayment. We have unique practices and techniques that secure our 10 Year Tile Workmanship Warranty and secure your home from Florida Weather.
Advantages of Tile Roofing
- Durability - When properly installed, tile roof can outlast most other roofing materials with an expected lifespan of 20-25 years.
- Variety - Concrete roof tiles are available in multiple colors, profiles, and sizes to help you achieve the look you’re looking for.
- Fire & Wind Resistance - Tile roofs are fire resistant with a Class A Fire Rating and withstand speeds of 125 mph.
- Longevity - Manufacturer Warranties on Tile Roofs vary from 50 year to Limited Lifetime Warranties, plus we offer a 10 year Workmanship Warranty.
Disadvantages of Tile Roofing
- Initial investment is more expensive than shingles.
- Tile is significantly heavier and requires your home to be structurally prepared for the weight of tile.
- Tile is great as a solar heat retention device. In the winters it might be good to keep your home insulated; but in Florida, Tile can retain heat and slowly release through the night.
- Tile breakage is an extremely common issue. If you live on a golf course and are subject to flying golf balls your roof is at risk for many problems. Cleaning and maintenance crews might also damage your tile by not walking on it properly. As a result, you might be looking at high repair costs.